NameCheap Having 7 million (as the company claims) websites under a web hosting company is no joke. As the name itself suggests that it is economical and is affordable; hence NameCheap shared hosting plans are the cheapest in the competition and also in the market. There are also many other companies which promise to be the cheapest but, it’s you get what you pay for! The companies which promise to be the cheapest eliminate one or the other important thing from their cheapest plans which is a business trick but if you go with the NameCheap, it gives what it promises you without eliminating the important features.
But the question is what makes NameCheap shared hosting the best cheapest option? The answer is in the reviews which its existing users provides and how it treats and solves its user’s problems. So everything comes down on the user reviews, so let’s discuss why it has been loved by its users and what are the things which are lacking in their plans which make them one step lower than being the best cheapest option available for the shared hosting according to their NameCheap web hosting reviews.
Pros of NameCheap
- It gives free domain names to its new customers for 12 months with minimal renewal costs.
- It offers users multiple plans to choose from according to their requirements.
- Its speed is constant and uptime is good, not exceptionally good but good.
- Enhanced security and anti-theft protection measures.
- According to the NameCheap hosting review 2019, its average response time is 741.58ms.
- It offers a cPanel with the “Paper Lantern” theme which is very popular among the users.
- Easy to use interface.
- It charges no cost for changing the server from the UK to the US and vice versa.
- It provides multiple server locations.
- Pay with PayPal, Credit, debit or you can even pay with a Bitcoin.
- No tricks for renewal fees.
- If you have a NameCheap coupon then existing users may get discount (terms and conditions applied) on their renewal or on the new purchase.
- With the Stellar plus and business plans, it gives unlimited Bandwidth, email accounts, FTP accounts.
- It has 14 days guaranteed money back policy. It is a less time span if we compare it with the other service providers, but the company cannot afford to give away their money especially if they provide cheap plans to its users.
- You can choose where to store your files- UK or in US server.
- It provides free backups that too automatic.
- The company supports multiple websites even in their basic plan.
Cons of NameCheap
- Disk space is limited in Stellar and stellar business plan.
- SSL is not included in the NameCheap shared hosting.
- If you lost hold of the password of your official account, email, and other important things, then it is difficult to retrieve your domain back.
- It does not support website builder.
- One of the annoying things is that customer support usually responds late.
- If you choose the UK server, then you have to pay extra.
The company gives three basic plans which are
This plan supports 3 websites, 20 GB disk space, 30 email accounts, and 50 FTP accounts.
Stellar Plus plan
This website plan offers unlimited services with unlimited disk space.
Stellar business plan
This plan gives unlimited services but the SSD disk space is limited which is 50GB. And according to the NameCheap hosting review 2019, it can be the main reason if the plan fails to lure its customers.
Overall it is a good and decent choice for the customers who are on a budget and look for easy to use and simple hosting provider so that they do not get into any hassles. But be sure to check the NameCheap web hosting reviews to make better choices and also if you choose to take their services do not forget to apply NameCheap coupons through which you can get discounts and better offers for your renewal plans.