Every law firm experiences growing pains. Huge caseloads, intensified competition, recruitment of staff, and clients’ increasing expectations are typical complaints. One thing that Successful law firms always do is that they constantly adapt to perfecting their systems.
So, what exactly is Case Management Software & what does it do?
Case Management software is an essential technology that is structured to maintain the case and client records of a law firm. It has two main purposes, i.e., offering a simplified means of handling, securing, and sharing information & tracking and shaping the cases to make them more manageable. These include bookkeeping and billing, schedules and appointments, deadlines, and computer files.
Investing in Legal tech is a decision you might not want to take without thinking because having the right case management software improves efficiency with the growing firm in mind. It enhances collaboration, accountability, and clarity. The Right Case management software makes the process organized when it comes to handling cases & operations, following a lead or running multiple campaigns, or just carrying your work even when you are away from the office.
Why should you use Legal Case Management Software?
Attorneys and law firms compete for clients and regularly face challenges with greater efficiency in delivering services at lower costs. Companies also ought to establish practice-specific procedures and utilize current technology to address such challenges better.
Now you obviously can’t get the professional knowledge of law during your law school period as to how to operate or work in a law firm. Therefore, several workplaces have switched to automation to ease the process of learning and rising clerical errors. The American Bar Association (ABA) discovered that the most legal malpractice claims are due to the calendar and deadline related errors.
Hence, an initial expenditure in computing software will produce long-term savings in defending against these allegations. The ABA has a whole section dedicated entirely to the administration of law firms, of which software and related programs are a highly important part of the delivery. The program aims to allow more seamless running of a law firm.
How do you decide which is the right case management software?
There are various case management software tools available for you to choose, but the first step you must take is to know what you need out of legal case management software. Many practice management suites focus on dazzling you with many features, many of which you may not need. So, think about what you need. In this article, you’ll learn about the specific features to look for before choosing a Case Management Software.
- Client contact & Case and matter management: The very basic need in any legal case management software is the ability to enter clients, contacts, and other parties. Also, look for matter management abilities where each matter can be entered to look for basic client information, create appointments, link contacts, and give the matter a case number and bill time against that matter.
- Basic calendaring features & Docketing: Basic calendaring features can help keep everyone informed of meetings, court appearances, consultations, etc. Look for case management software that comes with docketing features that you can set up to see if the software options you’re considering can send you reminders.
- Task and project management: Track your tasks or break down larger projects between others. Task and project management can help you by keeping everyone punctual & prepared. Look for features where you can reassign tasks as well as create custom reminders.
- Billing, invoicing & Accounting: Don’t hurry & take sufficient time before considering your law firm accounting needs. Think from both perspectives that are – from the business end and the IOLTA end.
- Process and workflow management. Regulation of the procedure and workflow will help improve consistency by helping you to set particular workflow steps and procedures that will be followed by everyone in the company while they work. It helps increase both productivity and the quality of the work product.
- Customization: Customization relates to the right to make modifications to the settings to allow the law firm’s software more accessible. It may involve creating custom dashboards for consumers, creating and managing approvals, making custom fields, custom reports, and other configurations.
Top 5 Best Legal Case Management software
Now that we are clear about which features to look for in a legal case management software, here are the top 5 best legal case management software which you can always use –
PlanStreet provides workers with a time management tool that also serves as a complex method for alerting managers if any issues occur. To resolve those, it attracts timely contact with all members. Group members can monitor and execute activities on a separate Kanban board, utilizing the job management framework for all projects that they are assigned to.
The board includes four community drag-and-drop status keys, namely – to do tab, In Process, End, and tick marked -where the alerts will be provided for project managers. The Legal case Management software from PlanStreet is a great approach for offering both employee interaction opportunities and improved performance results together with increased efficiency.
- Practice Panther
Practice Panther is one of the most popular tech tools for lawyers and law companies. It delivers a wide variety of apps that make it easier to connect with customers and associates, handle bills and payments, and keep on top of tasks in the most efficient way possible. The mobile application of Practice Panther makes all of this on the go and better. Start the software on your Android or iOS smartphone, and you can display your company’s everyday rundown on the screen, log time spent on projects from your phone, and switch easily to a monitor when you enter your office. You can even log all your messages, calls, assignments, and emails.
- Clio – Clio is a cloud-based legal practice software system that is ideal for law firms small to large. The website helps attorneys and other legal sector companies to monitor critical dates, handle client lawsuits and records, charge customers, and receive payments. The Clio framework provides a collaboration of more than 200 mobile systems by third parties, plus many information engineering activities
- Rocket Matter
Rocket Matter is a cloud-based professional billing and accounting system developed to accommodate work in a small to medium-sized business. It includes applications for handling time and accounting, schedule, record processing, payments, and collaboration. Users will navigate Rocket Matter by installing software from their respective app store on their Android and iOS smartphones.
MyCase is a user-oriented, cloud-based legal practice management software (LPMS) with a concept of “one username, one charge” pricing. It offers comprehensive built-in functionality, with minimal integrations, but pick. MyCase includes streamlined database collection, automated tracking of leads, and a complete email app to hold all your company details in one location. With MyCase be assure that your data is pretty good
Adapting an innovative Case Management Software will help your firm as a united team. The ability to arrange the cases, files & reports, and process payments more quickly and would provide more flexibility and more time for new cases. Now that you’ve spent your time reading what features you need or want, it’s time to choose your ideal Case Management Software.